Friday, December 30, 2016

Class Party and Graham Cracker Houses

Mom volunteered to be a class party planner and the teacher assigned her the holiday party. She recalls an amazing Christmas as a 1st grader when she got to make graham cracker houses during a party. She wanted to do the same thing for me. She had some moms help her pre-assemble some houses which were hot glued together. Then she brought them into the class with packets of frosting glue which she made from egg whites and confectioners sugar. Everyone pitched in a brought candy and we decorated. There were three stations and the houses were one, a penguin water bottle craft was another, and then a games/snack station was the last. The games/snack one was a big favorite as she had one of our Jewish families run an intense game of dreidel. That was a huge hit!

Mom was crushed when I did not bring my house home. I threw it in the trash because I was concerned it would get crushed on the way home. So when S's gymnastics class was canceled due to the heavy snow fall, we stayed home and made some houses together as a family. When we all get together to do something, because we are now a large family, it's like a party. So we had a gingerbread house making party at home. Mom even made me some blue frosting at my request so I could made a Dr. Who tardis.









No comments: