Sunday, August 11, 2013

More of Swimming...

I have been loving swimming this summer. We are so fortunate to have friends who let us go swimming all the time in their super nice pool. Plus, my lessons twice a week with Coach Nick have been awesome. I started a new session this past week with him and as it turns out there were no other students signed up for our class so I am getting private lessons. Lil Sister's class is also during my class but she has a different teacher.

We did go to the swim shop this week and have me fitted for goggles. I cannot see really great without my glasses but at least I can open my eyes under water which has significantly helped my body positioning. My skills continue to explode with his encouragement and lots of practice. 

We've been practicing jumping off the diving board at class as well as deep diving. Coach will put a long pole in the water and I will use it to pull myself to the very deep end of the pool. I also have unrestricted privileges at the YMCA in that I can get into any pool without adult assistance. It's awesome. Although, Mom and Dad still insist they be on stand by even if there are life guards every where.

Oh, and somehow jumping into the pool is so much more fun if it is accompanied by a yell of some sort. Even Coach Nick agrees and he does the same thing.

Enjoy the video from our recent swim outing at Ms. Suzanne's place.




No comments: