Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First Day of School...

I have been super excited to start school - counting the days. I've met my kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Taylor, a couple times already and she is awesome. Here are some photos of me before and after school. I was a little nervous just because there were so many people around but once I was inside and settled I had no issues with Mom, Dad, and Sister leaving. (Sister, however, was a little distraught to leave me behind.)

I did pick out my outfit - it's not new clothes. However, my back pack is totally new and should last as many years as I want it to. Mom had one that lasted her through most of college and graduate school of the same brand.

The first thing I said when I told Dad about my day was, "I didn't go to the principle's office!" We went over school rules last night and Mom and Dad explained if I was not good I would end up with them in conference in the principle's office - it really stuck in my brain. We read a book, had 15 minutes of recess where I made a new friend and played tag (there are only 5 boys in my class of 24 students). Then we had a milk break, colored a picture, had my photo taken with my special stuffed toy I brought to school (Yellow Monster which is a Despicable Me minion), and then it was time to go home.

It was a grand, short first day. I am already looking forward to tomorrow, although, I was happy to take a nap today after getting up early. Oh, and Sister survived without me. Mom said she asked many times for me but she clung to her blankie and seemed to be fine when they picked Dad and me up. Mom kept her busy running errands. Then we went to lunch to celebrate my successful first day.

The two videos at the bottom are fairly short - one is of me running out of school and the other was an interview Dad did with me about my first day.





2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Congrats on starting school Trex! We LOVED watching these videos and hearing about your first day! Your friend Joseph is feeling a bit nervous about the whole thing, and hearing about your day and how much you loved it really helped him! :) Looking forward to hearing more about your time at school as the year goes on!

shell said...

Loved the videos!! Hope he continues to have wonderful days and no principal office visits !