Friday, November 25, 2011

Last Day...

T Rex Mom guest writing here...

As I write this, it is my little guy's last night as a three year old. It is the last time I can say I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old.


Four years ago I was experiencing incredible pain at home laboring. The 56 hours of labor and 42 weeks of pregnancy was completely worth it. With 14 people in the labor room assisting  - including a very special nurse - our little guy made his grand entrance. It was the hardest work of my life but worth every moment. How happy I was to finally meet him and that he was declared healthy.

The past four years have progressed so rapidly. I can hardly remember life without him in it. I see photos of life before our son but it seems odd that he's not there or in them. I love his gentle spirit and early morning deep voice accompanied with snuggles. I love that he adores his sister. Best of all, though, is the special bond he shares with his father.

I marvel at this young man and pray daily that he will grow strong and healthy to an old age and do many wonderful things but especially be the man he wants to be. I just hope he knows how much we will always love him - no matter what. 


Right now I enjoy being able to ask for hugs and snuggles any time and play cars and "just be" with him as I know all too soon he will be grown and gone and hopefully someday snuggling his own kids. For now, though, I am honored and blessed he is in our charge and so very grateful for the pure joy and happiness he has brought into our lives. It really is life changing.

On a lighter note, the almost four-year-old is much more relaxed and laid back about growing older. Here is an interview with him on his last day as a three-year-old. I have to say some of what he said was news to me.

3 comments:

shell said...

great video! Wheat, huh? He sure is growing fast. See you guys soon!

Caitlin said...

That video made me strangely want to cry! So sweet! Thank first picture of him in this post particularly is SO handsome!

Kim said...

What a beautiful post! I'll have to watch the video later. T Rex you are such a handsome sweet boy, no wonder your mommy feels so sentimental.