Yesterday I went to see the nurse practitioner. I was very excited to go and get my check up. Mom has been practicing health assessments on all of us in the family to prepare for her final exam. Plus, I have my own medical kit which I also regularly use on Bebe Sister or Grandma and Grandpa.
|Here I'm being measured.|
|All smiles after my examine. Mom and Dad were so proud of my behavior.|
If you'd like to compare, here are my two-year old well check stats.
T Rex Stats:
Weight: 33.5lbs (60%) - I had a lot of clothes on so this is not the most accurate
Height: 37.25 inches (50%)
Blood pressure: 92/58 - within normal limits
What I'm doing:
Mom's been doing my preschool lessons here at home while Bebe Sister takes her morning nap. For 1-2 hours each day, we work on Spanish, reading, spelling, math, shapes, music, and art. My Spanish vocabulary grows more every day and sometimes I mix my English and Spanish.
I've also started doing some reading. Mom's teaching me phonics and since I know the letter sounds, I have been learning to sound out words. Plus, my favorite SpongeBob books are also phonics based so I enjoy reading those, too.
I know all my shapes but now I can tell you the name and color in Spanish, too.
We've also been working on some simple subtraction and addition - nothing past 5 yet. Although, I can count to 99. But I can only count backward from 10.
I enjoy sitting on the piano and singing along while Mom plays.
And I like a good art project but it has to incorporate my cars if it's going to maintain my interest.
- Songs: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Twinkle Twinkle Giant Luna (Mom made this one up), Five Green and Speckled Frogs, Down at the Station, Animal Crackers in my Soup - we do a lot of singing around here (no TV and 1-2 videos/week). And often, Mom can get me to eat all my food by promising to sing "Five Green and Speckled Frogs" really fast.
- Foods: these are virtually unchanged from last year but I now love waffles and French toast, too.
- Still will only drink "tepid" water. No juice, cold water, or milk
- Favorite characters: Toy Story (Buzz Lightyear) and Cars (Lightning McQueen)
- Favorite Books: Now I read "Good Night Moon" to Mom and Dad. Plus, most any other books, but especially SpongeBob ones or Cars ones.
- Still taking one nap daily 1.5 hours to 2 hours.
- Asthma continues to improve. Now only using albuterol as needed and antihistamine once daily.
Nurse NM declared me to be healthy and was impressed with my manners while being examined. And the best part, I got a new Cars sticker when I was all done!