Tuesday, November 30, 2010

First Trip to the Dentist...

Today I made my first visit to the dentist. My dentist is also one of my favorite people - Uncle Doc.

Here he's counting my teeth. My job was to hold the mirror while he did so.

Here my hygienist gave me a demonstration of "Mr. Thirsty".

Because Mom and Dad had been reading me "SpongeBob goes to the Dentist" I was totally prepared for my visit and it was a most positive experience. Plus, it helps when your uncle is also your dentist!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my goodness. So glad you got the pictures. This is in our near future. Great idea with the book. I think I might put that on Deaglan's Christmas list. And it certainly would help if there was a dentist uncle in the family:)

Nina said...

What a big boy. I have yet to take my little man but big brother and I go together. I really like my dentist but he is not a pediatric dentist so they really struggle with real little kids so we are waiting just a little longer before our first trip.

Unknown said...

Really nice to know that there are families who go to the clinic together. My wife and I already exposed and gave our little boy some idea about the dentist (Greenville, SC) last Friday. We thought he's gonna be upset, but he was brave enough too. We'll be finding a good ped dentist for him soon enough.
All the other dentists (Greenville, SC) was so fond of him 'coz of his good behavior. I think it's really important to let your children know the importance of good oral health starting at young age, don't ya think? Thanks for sharing this, little boy! :)

Trinidad Philipps said...

Now that's what you call a good preparation! It's great that you have a good dentist for an uncle, right? Mr. Thirsty is quite cool as well, and here's a fun fact: the name Mr. Thirsty makes the dental trip more fun for kids thanks to its cute name.