Today I had my four year wellness exam.
Here are my stats:
Weight: 35.5 lbs (45%)
Height: 39.25 inches (30%)
Blood Pressure: 92/52 (within normal limits)
Growth has slightly decreased - may be related to steroid use this year. Hopefully, with my new asthma action plan, we will use less oral steroids and just stick with inhaled which is significantly less overall.
If you'd like to compare to last years, click here.
Initially, I was a little worried and feeling shy so I tried hiding under the exam table with Daniel (my special meow) and my new Tokyo Mater Car. However, once it was Daniel's turn to be examined, my shyness disappeared.
I took Daniel to get a check up, too. We weighed him on the baby scale and wearing his winter hat and scarf he was a whole 7 oz. His blood pressure was also normal (I helped check that) and the nurse practitioner who examined me also examined him. He was a very good patient. (This was also who Mom did her pediatric training with this semester so I know Daniel and I were in good hands.)
I've been focusing on trying new foods and drinking more milk. This has been one of my 2011 resolutions. It felt good to report my food repertoire had expanded and I drink at least 8 oz of milk each day. My umbilical hernia has shrunk significantly in the past year so no surgical referral is necessary. I see specialists for my asthma and strabismus and those are well controlled and closely followed. Bebe Sister was especially concerned for me during my exam which was totally fine and not scary. I did find the reflex portion to be kind of funny.
What I'm doing...
- Lots and lots of pretend play. At the moment it is mostly surrounding Cars but Thomas the Train is still a big deal, too.
- I talk a lot - mostly about Cars but I'll chatter about just about anything.
- I've started telling jokes. Currently, my favorite is "Knock, knock? Whose there? Babie. Barbie who? You want to have a barbeque?" or "Where do cows buy their clothes? Cattle-logs"
- I insist on privacy when utilizing the facilities.
- "Happy Birthday" is my favorite song at the moment.
- Daniel and Daniella are my most favorite "babies" and I have to sleep with them wrapped in my special blankets. They have many adventures with me and every night I detail my days events to them.
- I continue my reading, spelling, and Spanish studies. I am on the verge of full on reading. I can write my name with little assistance.
- I still take a daily nap usually about 2 hours.
- Favorite books: Toy Story books and Jenny Linsky Cat Club Books, and Sesame Street books (still little screen time and no computer games yet)
- Favorite foods: pizza, spinach, freeze dried strawberries, fruit snacks, dino nuggets, fries
- Favorite drink: tepid water but I will drink orange juice (with calcium) and milk
I was declared healthy and doing great. I was kind of sad there were no Cars stickers like last year (memory like a steel trap) but I was pretty happy with the soccer ball sticker and insisted Bebe Sister get one, too.